Saturday, July 10, 2010

I don't know what it is about yoga that kills my back, but for something that is supposed to be so good for you, it sure screws up my back, at least in the beginning. I think I'm trying too hard for the jump-throughs (Ashtanga). I backed off them on Thursday and had a much better practice today. I've moved down to the beach and do my practice there - I don't really see the sun come up as we've tilted too far south, but I do watch the sun creep across the sand and light up the bay. It's pretty sweet.

Running is going well other than a death march on Friday. I had a great 5K for a dailymile challenge that seems to have screwed up. It was supposed to be a 4-week challenge with the opportunity to win a Timex Ironman watch but apparently it ended with the fastest 5K in the first week. Shrug. Tomorrow I have another 8 miles /13 K on schedule and after Friday's "run" I'm really dreading it. I've been hydrating like mad, hoping that it will help my dead legs but I doubt it will.

I've been having weirdness with my head lately - I have been with vertigo since the beginning of the year but certain poses (yoga) or positions will drastically cut off blood flow and boy do I get dizzy then. Yeah, I know, just DON'T do it. I've started tracking food again as I've been moving UP the scale and I would REALLY like to go DOWN but 75 seems to be an easy weight to hold. I'm hungry All The Time though, so it is hard. I've decided to work only on tracking food and stop eating at night. So hard not to though...

1 comment:

joyRuN said...

I stick with very easy yoga. I've gotten wicked migraines when I get too ambitious, so I know how you feel.