Sunday, July 18, 2010

Amazing week

After the week before I really wasn't expecting much this week. I almost had decided on a step-down week (I really DO need to do that soon - maybe the week to come?) and figured I'd just start the week with my usual 4.5m run. It is an odd number but because of my route (I have the choice of, oh, ONE route) which is 3 miles out-and-back and I only know where the .75 and 1.25 miles locate to on the route. It wasn't a bad run as the temperature had plummeted to around 25-26C with 90% humidity. Sweet weather. Tuesday I managed to break the 10-minute barrier with a 9:45 average for me 3-mile run. That was amazingly sweet and I felt really good the whole run so it seemed that my week was turning around (due to the cold weather no doubt) and I nixed the idea of a step-down week. Today I wasn't sure if I'd do 8, 9 or 10 miles but by morning had figured out how many loops I'd need for 10 and how to structure the hydration and I had a great 10-mile run. The last mile was heavy but I certainly wasn't dead at the end - just glad to stop. Now that I'm in double digits I feel like a "real" runner. I'm guessing that I should probably make next week a step-down week.

1 comment:

Iron Mike said...

I think you made the right choice, taking advantage of the weather.

But yeah, ease up a bit this week, your body deserves it.