Sunday, May 15, 2005

Like a rhinestone cowboy...

Beach_002_1I can't believe I haven't shared this with family and ANDREW, but Pikey got his ear pierced. It was one of the days that I was keeping the kids away from the trailer while Jamie dozed, but after I'd ascertained that he wasn't going to die. I'd passed aLife_005 "body piercing" shop numerous times on our rounds of Playa del Carmen (doing errands) but it was never open. When I spotted it open, I asked Pike if he wanted to go for it and he did; so while I held sleepy Ellen and scared Sissy and Jesse ran about like he does when he is stressed/worried about physical pain, Pikey calmly and bravely, took the needle and got a piercing. I wish I had a camera; the piercing person was a very very pregnant tattooed lady. It cost 250 pesos (you all don't need the conversion, right? 11 pesos/1 USD) and I had to go to the cajero (ATM) to get money. Afterwards, Pikey sat entranced, counting money... Pikey's heaven. Piles upon piles of money...

No comments: